The West Bengal ITI Admission 2021 process will begin to screen the interested and eligible candidates for admissions into different ITIs of the state. The application form for the same will be released in offline mode from the month of March 2021. The candidates can purchase the application form from any government/ PPP government ITI. Admission into group E trade will be offered on the basis of entrance test and in group M trade, on the basis of Madhyamik or equivalent exam. The candidates can find complete details of the WB ITI 2021 Admission from this article.
West Bengal ITI 2021 Important Dates
Check below the official dates related to West Bengal ITI 2021 Admission:
|OMR application form availability||March 2021
|Last date of availability of application form||April 2021
|Last date for application form submission||April 2021
|Last date of form submission for the 2019 appearing candidates||7 working days from the date of result declaration|
|Release of admit cards||June 2021, 3rd week|
|Date of CET (for Group E candidates)||June 2021
|Declaration of result||July 2021|
|Beginning of choice filling process||July 2021|
West Bengal ITI Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria required for West Bengal ITI 2021 Admission are mentioned below:
- The minimum age of the candidates as on 1st August 2021 should be 14 years. There is no upper age limit.
- The candidates are required to pass their Madhyamik or equivalent exam from any school located in West Bengal to be eligible for M group trades.
- For E group trades, the candidates are required to pass class 8th exam from any school of West Bengal.
- Appearing candidates who will give their Madhyamik or equivalent exam in the year 2021 are also eligible.
- The candidates passing Madhyamik or equivalent exam without Mathematics and Science will not be eligible for engineering trades.
- Passed out or failed trainee from any ITI are not eligible for admissions in the same ITI for 3 consecutive years or any other ITI for at least one year. Similar rule will also be applicable for drop-out or discharged candidates.
- The candidates can apply for any group- E or M but not both.
The candidates will be able to purchase the application form for WB ITI Admission 2021 from all government/ PPP government ITI on all working days. The form after filling completely can be submitted at any of the selling centers before the last date.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal and educational details.
- Care must be taken not to leave any entry in the application form. Incomplete forms might get rejected.
- The candidates must submit their application form in person. Forms send through any other mode will not be considered.
- There must be no correction in the application form, not even using whitener. Such forms will be cancelled.
- There is no need to submit any documents along with the application form (except for Kanyashree enrolled candidates who will have to submit a supporting document).
- However, the candidates will have to produce their original mark sheet of Madhyamik or equivalent exam for preliminary checking by the authorities.
- The application fee will be Rs. 250/- (Rs. 125/- for Kanyashree enrolled candidates).
- The Kanyashree enrolled candidates must carry supporting document at the time of purchasing the form.
- The application fee submission can be done through cash at the time of purchasing the form.
The entrance test will be conducted for the duration of 2 hours and will contain basic questions related to the topics of Science, Mathematics, English and General Awareness.
- The admit card for appearing in the CET (Common Entrance Test) will be released on the official website webscte.co.in.
- The candidates will be able to see and download their admit card using their application number.
- After downloading, the candidates must also take a printout of the admit card to be carried to the exam center.
- Candidates without a valid admit card will not be allowed to appear for the entrance exam.
- The date and venue of the exam will be mentioned on the admit card.
The CET will be conducted in the following cities:
Purba Burdwan, Hoogly, Malda, Jalpaiguri, Dakshin Dinajpur District, North 24 Parganas, Murshidabad, Nadia, Bankura, Coochbehar, Kolkata, Purba Midapure, Howrah, Purulia, Paschim Midnapure, Uttar Dinajpur District, South 24 Parganas, Darjeeling, Birbhum, Alipurduar, Paschim Burdwan, Jhargram, & Kalimpong
- The result of the exam will be declared on the official website and the successful candidates will be called for counseling.
- First, a merit list of the candidates will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by them in the entrance exam.
- For the trades for which no entrance exam is conducted, the merit list will be prepared based on the marks in Madhyamik or equivalent exam.
- The schedule of the counseling will be communicated to the candidates on the official website.
- During counseling, the candidates will have to provide choice for institute and trade through online mode.
- For choice filling, the candidates will have to login into web portal using their application form and date of birth.
- The allotment of seats will be done on the basis of the rank and choice of the candidate. Auto upgradation of seats will also be available after 1st round of counseling.
- The candidates should take a printout of the seat confirmation slip from the website.
- After seat allotment, the candidates will have to report to the allotted institute along with all original documents.
- Those who fail to report for admission within the given time period will forfeit their seat.
The following documents (in original and self- attested photocopies) must be carried by the candidates reporting to the institutes for admissions:
- Two passport sized photographs
- Aadhaar Card
- Admit card of Madhyamik or equivalent exam (not required for group E candidates)
- Certificate of Madhyamik or equivalent exam (not required for group E candidates)
- Mark sheet of Madhyamik or equivalent exam (class 8th mark sheet for group E candidates)
- CET admit card (only for group E candidates)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Kanyashree enrollee certificate (if applicable)
- Vocational pass certificate (if any)