The Department of Technical Education (DTE), Punjab invites application for Punjab ITI admission 2022 for enrollment in different technical and non-technical trades offered by the Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) located in the state. Interested candidates can apply for admission by filling the online registration cum application form. The form will most likely be released in the 1st week of June 2022.
Before proceeding for the application form, candidates should go through the eligibility criteria to make sure that they meet the conditions laid down by the authority for Punjab ITI admission 2022. Selection of the candidates in various engineering and non-engineering trades will solely be done on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in the concerned qualifying exam i.e. class 8th and class 10th as applicable.
The tentative dates for Punjab ITI admission are as follows-
|Beginning of the online registration||1st week of June 2022|
|Last date to register||3rd week of June 2022|
|Merit list publication||3rd week of June 2022|
|Round-I of counselling||4th week of June 2022|
|Reporting to the concerned ITI||Last week of June 2022|
|Round-II of counselling||2nd week of July 2022|
|Reporting to the concerned ITI||3rd week of July 2022|
|Round-III of counselling||4th week of July 2022|
|Reporting to the concerned ITI||Last week of July 2022|
|Subsequent round of counselling||August 2022|
|Spot admission for remaining vacant seat||1st week of October 2022|
Punjab ITI admission 2022-Application form
The application form for ITI admission in Punjab will be made available by the authority only via online mode. Candidates need to visit the official website of the DTE, Punjab to fill the online form. They should keep their relevant documents with scanned photograph and signature ready before filling the form. Applicants should carefully enter the details in the application form as no correction window will be provided in case they enter wrong information by mistake.
The details in the form include information such as name, date of birth, address, father’s name, gender, phone number, email id, academic information and so on. Candidates should enter the information correctly as per their knowledge and official records. They should submit the form on or before the due date prescribed by the authority to avoid rejection of their application.
Application fee: Candidates need to pay a sum of Rs. 100/- as the application fee for ITI admission. The fee can be paid via online mode i.e. through credit card, debit card and net banking.
Eligibility criteria for Punjab ITI admission 2022
The eligibility criteria for Punjab ITI admission according to the engineering and non-engineering trades are as follows-
Age criteria: The age of the candidates for should not be less than 14 years. However, for driver cum mechanic trade (light motor vehicle), candidates should have completed the age of 18 years at the time of admission.
Educational qualification for engineering trades
- Attendant operator: Candidates should have passed class 10th exam from a recognized board and have studied mathematics and science as subjects.
- Architectural assistant: Candidates should have passed class 10th with maths and science subjects.
- Carpenter: Passed class 10th under 10+2 system of education from a recognized board.
- Draughtsman: Applicants must have cleared class 10th examination or its equivalent with science and mathematics as subjects.
- Electrician: Candidates should have passed class 10th examination with mathematics and science subjects from a recognized board.
- Fitter: A pass in class 10th exam with mathematics and science as subjects is required.
- Foundry man technician: A pass in class 10th examination is required for this trade.
- Industrial painter: Applicants must have qualified 10th class examination under 10+2 system of education with having studied maths and science or its equivalent.
- Machinist: Applicants should have passed class 10th with science and mathematics as subjects.
- Painter general: Candidates should have completed class 10th exam under 10+2 system of education from a recognized board.
- Plumber: Candidates should have passed class 10th examination from a recognized board.
- Tool and die maker: Passed 10th class with science and mathematics under 10+2 system of education or its equivalent.
- Turner: Passed class 10th examination with science and mathematics as subjects from a recognized board.
- Wireman: Passed class 8th examination from a recognized school.
Educational qualification for non-engineering trades
- Baker and confectioners: Applicants should have passed class 10th under system of education.
- Hospital housekeeping: A pass in class 10th examination is required for admission in the given trade.
- Fruit and vegetable processors: Candidates should have passed class 10th exam with mathematics and science as subjects.
- Old age care: A pass in examination of class 10th is required for this trade.
- Computer operator and Programming assistant: Candidates should have passed class 10th examination from a recognized board.
- Sewing technology: Candidates should have passed class 8th examination to be eligible for admission in this trade.
- Dress making: Passed class 10th under 10+2 system of education from a recognized board.
Punjab ITI admission selection procedure
- The selection of the candidates for admission in ITI trades will depend on the marks scored by them in the concerned qualifying exam i.e. class 8th and class 10th as applicable to the trades.
- A merit list will be prepared by the authority to shortlist the candidates for Punjab ITI admission 2022.
- The list will be published on the official website of the DTE, Punjab.
- Shortlisted candidates need to appear for the counselling session conducted by the authority where they need to indicate the preference for the course and ITI they seek admission in.
- Candidates will undergo document verification phase where their originals documents will be verified thoroughly by the officials.
- The authority will allocate a seat to the candidates based on the number of parameters such as availability of seats, choice opted during the counselling, and the merit rank obtained.
- Candidates will be required to report to the concerned allotted ITI and complete the admission pertaining formalities.