Candidates seeking admission in different engineering and non-engineering courses provided by the Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) located in the state of Puducherry need to apply for the Pondicherry ITI admission 2023. In order to apply for admission, they need to fill the online application form. Candidates will be informed about the releasing date of the application form as soon as it is published by the authority. Before proceeding for the application form, candidates should go through the eligibility conditions laid down by the authority to make sure that they can apply for Pondicherry ITI admission 2023. Selection in ITI will typically be based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the concerned qualifying exam i.e. the highest education they have received.
Trades offered under Puducherry ITI admission
Computer Operator & Programming Assistant, Welder, Wiremen, DTP Operator, Electrician, Electronics Mechanic, Draughtsman (Civil/Mechanical),Fitter, Sewing Technology, Instrument Mechanic, Mechanic, Plastic Processing Operator, Information Communication Technology System Maintenance, Machinist, Mason, Plumber, Turner, Travel & Tour Assistant etc.
The expected schedule of the Puducherry ITI admission is as follows-
|Application form release date||Yet to be notified|
|Last date to submit the application form||Yet to be notified|
|Announcement of the merit list||Yet to be notified|
|Commencement of counselling process||Yet to be notified|
|Beginning of classes||Yet to be notified|
Pondicherry ITI admission 2023 Application form
- The application form for Pondicherry ITI admission will be available only on the official website.
- Candidates are required to register themselves for the admission using details such as mobile number, email id and other relevant information.
- Applicants need to keep their documents, scanned photograph and signature handy while filling the form.
- After successful registration, applicants need to login into the website to fill the complete application form.
- The application form will entail details such as name, address, course, academic records, address, DOB, gender, category and so on.
- Applicants should fill these details very carefully as no correction facility will be provided to them in case they submit the form successfully.
- The details entered in the online form should be correct as per the knowledge of the candidate and should tally with the official records. Incorrect or misleading information can lead to the rejection of the application altogether.
- It is compulsory for the candidates to pay the required application fee for admission without which the applications of such candidates will get rejected.
- Candidates need to take the printout of the filled-in application form and preserve it for future reference.
- The application form should be submitted on or before the deadline specified by the authority to avoid last-minute technical errors and glitches.
Eligibility criteria for Pondicherry ITI admission 2023
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the authority for Puducherry ITI admission 2023. The eligibility criteria are provided below-
Nationality and domicile: Candidates should be an Indian national and belong to the union territory of Pondicherry i.e. he/she should be a domicile of Pondicherry.
- Candidates should have passed SSLC exam or its equivalent from a recognized board.
- Those who have cleared their HSC examination are also eligible to apply for admission.
- Applicants who have completed their HSC examination along with lower handwriting exam or its equivalent can also apply for Puducherry ITI admission.
- Applicants must have studied Science, Mathematics and English as subjects at their qualifying exam level.
- Those who hold a diploma certificate in any discipline of engineering are also eligible.
- The selection of the candidates will depend upon the percentage of marks obtained by them in their respective qualifying examination i.e. the highest level of education received by them.
- To shortlist the candidates for admission, the authority will prepare a merit list stating the names of the candidates selected for admission in different ITI trades.
- Candidates can check their merit rank as stated in the merit list by visiting the official website.
- Only those candidates will be selected for admission whose name appears in the merit list.
Pondicherry ITI admission Counselling
- Once the merit list is announced, the authority will publish the counselling schedule on its official web portal.
- Selected candidates will be invited to attend the counselling where they need to indicate their choice of preference for the trade and ITI in which they wish to get admission.
- Candidates will also undergo the document verification phase where the officials will check the original documents of the candidates to weed out the ineligible ones.
- The authority will allot a seat to the candidates based on a number of parameters such as merit rank, number of seats available, and the choice filled during the counselling.
- Candidates need to report to the allotted ITI to finish the admission related formalities and paperwork.