Candidates seeking admission in different engineering and non-engineering trades offered by the Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) need to apply for the Orissa ITI admission 2022 by filling the online application form. The department of higher education, Odisha conducts the admission procedure in two phases. The form for phase-I will most probably be released in the 2nd week of May 2022 and 4th week of June 2022 for Phase-II.
Selection for Odisha ITI admission 2022 will purely be done according to the marks secured by the candidates in their respective qualifying exam i.e. class 8th and class 10th depending upon the course they wish to enroll into. A merit list will be published by the authority to select the candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria for admission in the concerned trades.
Trades offered by the ITIs in Odisha
Carpenter, welder, draughtsman, fitter, turner, wireman, motor mechanic, marine engine fitter, sheet metal worker, plastic processing operator, computer operator and programming assistant, bakery and confectionery, weaving technician, cosmetology etc.
Odisha ITI 2021 Important Dates
The important dates for ITI admission in Odisha are given below-
|Availability of common application form||2nd week of May 2022||4th week of June 2022|
|Last date of registration||3rd week of June 2022||2nd week of July 2022|
|Last date of choice filling, validation, fee payment||1st week of July 2022||3rd week of July 2022|
|Publication of 1st round of counselling as per merit list||2nd week of July 2022||3rd week of July 2022|
|Reporting to the allotted ITI||2nd week of July 2022||Last week of July 2022|
|Publication of seat vacant after round-I of counselling||2nd week of July 2022||Last week of July 2022|
Odisha ITI admission 2022 Application form
To apply for admission in Odisha ITI, candidates need to fill the online common application form (CAF) via online mode. The online application form can be filled by visiting the official website i.e. http://dheodisha.gov.in/. Those whose applications are verified online need not visit the nodal ITI. Candidates whose document verification couldn’t be verified online only need to visit the nodal ITI center for verification. The application form must be filled very carefully as no correction window will be provided to the candidates in case they mistakenly entered wrong information.
Candidates also need to upload their relevant documents including the scanned photograph and signature in the online form. The application form will consist of the following details- name, address, religion, gender, date of birth, academic information etc. Before making the final submission of the form, candidates need to review the filled-in application form and correct the mistakes if any is made. The form should be submitted on or before the deadline specified by the authority.
Application fee: An application fee of Rs. 100/- has to be submitted by the candidates. The fee can be paid online using credit card, debit card and net banking.
Eligibility criteria for Odisha ITI admission 2022
It is compulsory for the candidates to satisfy the eligibility conditions laid down by the authority for admission in trades offered by the ITIs in the state of Odisha. These eligibility conditions are as follows-
Age limit: The age of the candidates should not be less than 14 years as on 1st August 2022. No upper age limit is specified by the authority.
Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed class 8th examination or annual high school examination of the board of secondary education, Odisha or its equivalent. Candidates with higher educational qualification will be given special weightage. The eligibility criteria for different programs are-
For engineering trades:
- For 2-year Wireman/ Painter (General) trade: Candidates who have failed their class 10th exam but have passed 8th standard can apply for admission in this trade.
- For 1-year Sheet Metal Worker/ Carpenter/ Welder trade: The applicants who have failed their class 10th exam but have passed in class 8th can apply.
- For 2-year Fitter/ Vessel Navigator/ Turner/ Electronics Mechanic/ Mechanic Motor Vehicle trade: Candidates should have passed class 10th examination from a recognized board or its equivalent.
- For 1-year Plastic Processing Operator/ Plumber / Marine Engine Fitter/: Candidates should have passed their class 10th
For non-engineering trades:
- For 1-year Weaving Technician for Silk Woolen Fabrics trade: Those who have failed their class 10th exam but have passed 8th standard are eligible.
- For 1-year Secretarial Practice/ Baker & Confectioner/ Computer Operator and Programming Assistant trade: Candidates should have passed their class 10th examination or its equivalent from a recognized board.
- The authority will prepare a merit list of the candidates to shortlist the ones who fulfill the eligibility criteria and the cut-off marks needed for admission in ITIs.
- The merit list will be published on the official website most probably in the
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in respective qualifying examination i.e. class 8th and class 10th as applicable to the trades.
- Those whose name appears on the merit list will be called to attend the counselling process.
Odisha ITI admission selection procedure
- Selection for Odisha ITI admission 2022 will strictly be based on the merit obtained by the candidates in the concerned qualifying exam.
- Candidates will be invited to attend the counselling process where they need to indicate their choice of preference for trade and institution.
- After going through the eligibility and other parameters such as merit, reservation, weightage, number of seats available and so on, the authority will allot a seat to the candidates.
- Once the seat is finalized, candidates need to report to the concerned ITI to finish the admission related formalities.