The Directorate of Technical Education, Kerala annually invites candidates for admission in different Matric, Non-Matric,+2 and Pre-degree trades offered by the Industrial Training Institute (ITI) located in the state. Interested candidates can apply for Kerala ITI admission 2022 by filling the application form. The authority will most likely release the application form in the month of June 2022. Candidates should check if they satisfy the eligibility conditions set by the DET, Kerala or not. Ineligible candidates won’t be considered for Kerala ITI admission. The selection of the candidates will strictly be done on the basis of marks obtained in the concerned qualifying examination.
Courses offered by different government and private ITIs in Kerala
Given below are some of the Matric, Non-Matric, Pre-degree trades for which ITIs situated in the state of Kerala provides admission-
Attendant operator (chemical plant), baker and confectioner, assistant tourist guide, agro processing, architectural assistant, catering and hospitality assistant, computer aided embroidery and designing, computer hardware & network maintenance, fruits and vegetables processing, machinist, mechanic diesel, mechanic medical electronics, mechanic consumer electronics appliances, COPA, desktop publishing operator, digital photographer, draughtsman civil, fitter, food and beverages services assistant, food beverages, food production (general), foundry man, front office assistant, mechanic lens/prism grinding, mechanic machine tool maintenance, mechanic mechatronics etc.
The tentative dates for Kerala ITI admission 2022 are as follows-
|Availability of application form||June 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||June 2022|
|Merit list announcement||July 2022|
|Admission starts in||July 2022|
|Commencement of classes||1st week of August 2022|
Kerala ITI Admission 2022 Application form
- The application form for admission in Kerala ITI will be released online on the official website of the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Kerala.
- Candidates need to keep their documents, scanned copy of photograph and signature ready before filling the form.
- A separate application form should be submitted for each course (Matric, Non-Matric, +2, Pre-degree).
- The application form will include details such as- name, gender, category, address, academic information, etc.
- Candidates need to fill these details very carefully as no correction window will be provided to them to edit or make changes in the application once submitted successfully.
- Candidates need to submit the form to the concerned ITI where they wish to seek admission on or before the due date specified by the authority.
- They must mention the course category on the cover containing the application form.
- Before submitting the application form, candidates should make sure that the information provided by them in the form is correct as per their knowledge and official records.
- They need to attest the relevant documents along with the form and send it to the concerned ITI.
- The applications received without the application fee will be rejected by the authority.
Application fee: Candidates must pay Rs. 50/- towards the mandatory application fee for Kerala ITI admission.
Eligibility criteria for Kerala ITI Admission 2022
Candidates should fulfill the necessary conditions laid down by the authority to be eligible for admission in ITI. The eligibility criteria for ITI admission in Kerala are as follows-
Nationality and Domicile: Candidates must be an Indian National and must satisfy the local/non-local status of the Kerala State i.e. they must be a domicile of Kerala.
Age Criteria: The age of the candidates should not be less than 14 years old as on 1st August 2022. No upper age limit defined by the authority for admission in different ITI trades.
Educational Qualification: The qualifying exam status for the candidates are given below-
- Candidates must have passed in SSCL or class 10th from a recognized board for admission in Matric trades.
- Those who failed in SSLC or class 10th may apply for admission in Non-Matric trades.
- For admission in computer and DTE courses, candidates must have passed pre-degree.
- Those who failed in the private study of SSLC or class 10th are not eligible for admission in craftsman training scheme.
Admission Procedure and Selection
- The selection of the candidates for admission in Kerala ITI will solely be based on the marks secured by them in concerned qualifying examination i.e. class 8th/class 10th/ Pre-degree respectively.
- To shortlist the candidates for admission, the authority will draw a merit list specifying the names of the selected candidates.
- Those who are selected as per the merit list will undergo the document verification phase.
- Candidates need to report to the ITI with their original documents along with their photocopy for verification.
- Once the verification is done, they need to pay the admission fee and retain the copy of the confirmation receipt for future references.
Here are the documents that the candidates must bring at the time of Kerala ITI admission 2022-
- SSLC certificate/ class 10th passing certificate (wherever applicable)
- SSLC/ class 10th mark sheet (wherever applicable)
- Class 12th mark sheet (wherever applicable)
- Pre-degree certificate (wherever applicable)
- School leaving certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Caste certificate (wherever applicable)
- Birth certificate
- Address proof such as voter ID card, Passport, Bank Passbook etc.
- A few passport size photographs.