Every year the Directorate of Employment and Training (DET), Karnataka invites the applicants for admission in different trades offered by the Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) located in the state. Interested candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the authority to be eligible for Karnataka ITI admission 2023. They need to fill the online application form that will most probably be released in the 4th week of May 2023.
Through Karnataka ITI admission 2023, candidates can opt for various engineering and non-engineering trades such as motor mechanic, fitter, welder, draughtsman, tailor, dress making, carpenter, mechanic, etc. Admission in these courses will solely be done according to the marks obtained by the candidates in concerned qualifying exam.
Karnataka ITI Admission 2023 Important Dates
The tentative dates for admission in Karnataka ITI admission 2023 are as follows-
|Date of notification||3rd week of May 2023|
|Availability of online application form||4th week of May 2023|
|Last date to submit the form||2nd week of June 2023|
|Seat matrix finalization by the department||2nd week of June 2023|
|Commencement of counselling and document verification||2nd week of June 2023|
|Closing of counselling||3rd week of June 2023|
|Display of selection list||3rd week of June 2023|
|Objection submission date||3rd week of June 2023|
|Final merit list publication||3rd week of June 2023|
|First round of admission||4th week of June 2023|
|Publication of the list of admitted candidates||4th week of June 2023|
|Choice filling for Second round of seat allotment||Last week of June 2023|
|Release of 2nd allotment list||1st week of July 2023|
|Second round of admission||1st week of July 2023|
|Display of list of admitted candidates and vacant seats||2nd week of July 2023|
|Choice filling for 3rd round of seat allotment||2nd week of July 2023|
|Release of third allotment list||2nd week of July 2023|
|Third round of admission||3rd week of July 2023|
|Display of list of admitted candidates and vacant seats||3rd week of July 2023|
|Choice filling for final round of seat allotment||4th week of July 2023|
|Release of final allotment list||4th week of July 2023|
|Final round of admission||Last week of July 2023|
|Commencement of classes||1st week of August 2023|
Karnataka ITI 2023 Application form
The application form for admission in ITIs situated in Karnataka can only be filled via online mode. Candidates are required to visit the official website of the DET, Karnataka to fill the same. They should keep their relevant documents along with the scanned photograph and signature ready. The application form will include details such as name, address, gender, DOB, category, academic information and so on. These details should be filled correctly as per the knowledge of the candidates and the official records.
Candidates won’t be allowed to make changes in their application once they have submitted the same. The application form should be submitted on or before the deadline specified by the authority. Incomplete applications will be rejected by the authority.
Eligibility criteria for Karnataka ITI Admission 2023
Candidates should fulfill the necessary eligibility conditions laid down by the authority to be eligible for Karnataka ITI admission. The eligibility criteria are provided below-
Age criteria: The age of the candidates should not be less than 14 years old at the time of admission in ITI.
For COE trade:
Production & manufacturing/ electronic/ refrigeration & air conditioning / automobile/ electrical trade: The applicants should have passed their class 10th exam (SSLC) from a recognized board.
For 1-year engineering courses:
- Mason/ plumber/ wireman trade: Candidates should have appeared in 10th exam (pass or fail) from a recognized board.
- Carpenter/ foundry man/ plastic processing operator/ mechanic (diesel)/ sheet metal worker trade: Candidates should have passed class 10th exam (SSLC).
- Computer operator & programming assistant trade: Candidates should have passed in PUC-II exam or have done a 3-year diploma course from a recognized institute.
- Desktop publishing operator trade: Candidates should have passed their SSLC exam with English medium and have a typing speed of 30 wpm in English.
For 1-year non-engineering courses:
- Cutting & tailoring/ embroidery & needle work trade: Those candidates who have appeared in their class 10th exam (pass or fail) can apply for these trades.
- Dressmaking trade: Those who have passed class 10th or equivalent exam are eligible to apply.
- Secretarial practice/ stenography/ COPA trade: The applicants should have passed their PUC exam in order to be eligible.
For 2-year engineering courses:
- Mechanic (motor vehicle)/ fitter/ surveyor/ machinist/ instrument mechanic/ turner/ electroplater trade: Candidates should have passed their SSLC examination (class 10th.
- Instrument mechanic (chemical plant)/ attendant operator (chemical plant)/ lab assistant (chemical plant) trade: The candidates who have passed their SSLC (class 10th) exam or those who are B.Sc graduates (PCM) can apply for admission in ITI.
For 3-year engineering courses:
Tool & die making trade: A pass in SSLC examination is required to be eligible for this course.
Admission Procedure and Selection
- Selection for admission in different ITI trades will strictly be based on the marks secured by the candidates in respective qualifying exam. The educational qualification varies from trade to trade.
- A merit list will be drawn by the authority to shortlist the candidates for admission in various engineering and non-engineering trades provided by the ITIs.
- Candidates will be called to attend the counselling/selection process where their documents in original form will be thoroughly verified.
- The authority will them allot a seat to the candidates based on the choice of course filled in the application form.
- Candidates need to report to the concerned ITI and complete the admission related formalities.
Given below are the documents required at the time of verification for Karnataka ITI admission 2023-
- Class 10th/ SSLC marksheet and passing certificate (wherever applicable)
- Diploma course marksheet (wherever applicable)
- PUC-II marksheet (if applicable)
- Address proof
- Passport sized photograph
- Domicile certificate (if applicable)
- Category certificate (wherever needed)
- Medical fitness certificate issued by a competent authority
- School leaving certificate/Migration certificate
- Other supporting documents.