The interested candidates might be able to apply for Daman and Diu ITI Admission 2022 from the month of June 2022 (tentatively). The candidates who successfully submit their application form will be shortlisted for the admissions. However, the candidates must also meet the specified eligibility criteria if they want to be considered for admissions. Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in the qualifying exam. The candidates can find the complete details of the Daman and Diu ITI Admission 2022 through this post.
The candidates can check the tentative dates related to Daman and Diu ITI 2022 Admission in the table below.
|Availability of application form||June 2022, 3rd week|
|Last date to submit the application form||July 2022|
|Merit list release date||July 2022|
|Commencement of admission process||August 2022|
|Closing of admission process||August 2022|
The following are the eligibility criteria that must be satisfied by the candidates applying for Daman and Diu ITI Admission 2022:
The lower age limit for admission is 14 years and upper age limit is 40 years as on 1st August 2022. A relaxation of 3 year will be given to the SC category candidates and 5 years to the ST category candidates in the upper age limit.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India and should be residing in Daman/ Diu as the case may be for a period of 2 years minimum preceding the year of the application.
- The children of the Central/ State/ Union Territory government employees and employees of the Government of India undertaking who are posted in Daman / Diu are also eligible.
- Children of the Freedom Fighters registered in the Home Department in Daman & Diu administration can apply too.
- Ex-Servicemen are also considered eligible for admissions.
- Children of parents (both father and mother) of Daman/ Diu origin who are born in Daman/ Diu and who are serving in the Armed forces provided that such children pass their qualifying examinations under the Central board of education can apply.
|Cutting & Tailoring||1 year||The candidates should have passed their class 8th exam or its equivalent.|
|Plastic Processing Operator, Diesel Mechanic, Welder (Gas & Electricals)||1 year||Those who have passed their class 10th exam under 10+2 system of education or its equivalent are eligible.|
|Computer Operator & Programming Assistant||1 year||A pass in class 12th exam under 10+2 system or 3-year diploma in any branch of engineering from a recognized polytechnic after 10th is required.|
|Fitter, Turner||2 year||The applicants need to clear their 10th class exam under 10+2 system of education or its equivalent.|
|Wireman||2 year||Those candidates who have passed their class 10th exam under 10+2 system with Science as one of the subjects or its equivalent can apply.|
|Electronics Mechanic, Electrician, Refrigerator & Air Conditioner Mechanic||2 year||A pass in class 10th exam under 10+2 system with Science and Mathematics or its equivalent is necessary.|
|Information Technology & Electronics System Maintenance||2 year||The applicants should have passed their class 10th exam under 10+2 system of education with 60% marks in aggregate of Mathematics and Science.|
Daman and Diu ITI Application Form 2022
The information brochure along with the application form will be made available on the official website. The candidates should download the application form, fill it in their own handwriting and submit it to the ITI Daman and Diu.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide basic personal details such as their name, father’s name, caste, category, address, etc.
- Educational information such as name of school, year of passing, number of attempts, marks obtained, etc will also be asked in the application.
- The candidates will also have to provide their choice for ITI and trade in which they seek admission in the form.
- After providing all the details, the candidates can submit the form along with all the important documents.
- The form and the certificates can be submitted personally or by registered post to the Principal, ITI Daman Group Instructor, ITI Diu, so as to reach him before the last date of submission.
- A photocopy of the application form must also be kept by the candidates in case of future reference.
The candidates are required to attach the copies of the following certificates along with the application:
- School/ College leaving certificates
- Statement of marks of class 8th/ 10th (SSC) or equivalent/ 12th (HSSC)/ Diploma in engineering (as applicable)
- Certificate of passing class 8th/ 10th (SSC) or equivalent/ 12th (HSSC)/ Diploma in engineering (as applicable)
- Certificate regarding residence in Daman and Diu for two years preceding the date of application
- Certificate regarding date of birth
- Certificate that the candidate’s father or mother is employee of the Central/ State Government
- Certificate that the candidate’s father or mother is a freedom fighter
- Certificate that the candidate’s father or mother is/ was a defence personnel
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Physically handicapped certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate of passing technical subjects from technical institute
- Certificate regarding participation in NCC
- Certificate regarding participation in national sports/ events
- Certificate of widow/ divorce women
- Certificate of fitness from government hospital
- On the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in their qualifying exam (8th/ 10th/ 12th/ diploma), a merit list will be drawn.
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of merit list prepared.
- Separate list will be prepared for the candidates applying for different trades.
- The candidates who have submitted their applications before the last date will be considered for selection.
- A selection list will be prepared based on the merit list drawn earlier and choice in the application form.
- The selection list of the candidates will be notified on the notice board of the institute at Daman/ Diu.
- The candidates in the list will then have to report to the Principal, ITI Daman/ Diu along with the original certificates for verification.
- After that, the applicants should fill the admission form and pay the required fees to complete the admission process.
- If any candidate fails to report to the institute within the prescribed time limit, his/ her name will be removed from the selection list.