The Chandigarh ITI Admission 2023 process will be conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, UT, Chandigarh, in order to screen candidates for admissions. The shortlisted candidates will be eligible for admission into different ITIs in the union territory of Chandigarh. The candidates who meet the eligibility requirements can submit their application form in online mode. Enrolment will be provided on the basis of marks scored by the candidates in their qualifying exam. Check the complete details of the Chandigarh ITI 2023 Admission in the post below.
Check below the tentative dated related to Chandigarh ITI Admission 2023. The actual dates will be released after official announcement.
|Important Activities||Tentative Dates|
|Online application form release date||May 2023, 2nd week|
|Last date for online submission of application form||June 2023, last week|
|Last date for physical submission of application form||July 2023, 1st week|
|Commencement of counseling||July 2023, 3rd week|
|Last date of counseling||July 2023, 4th week|
|Counseling for vacant seats (if there remains any)||July 2023, last week|
The candidates need to fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria for Chandigarh ITI Admission 2023:
- Candidates applying for admission should attain the age of 14 years as on 1st August 2023.
- Candidate should be physically fit to carry out the work involved with their trade.
- For 1-year General Carpenter: The applicants who have passed their class 8th exam can apply for General Carpenter trade.
- For 1-year Welder and Plumber: A pass in class 10th examination will be required to be eligible for these trades.
- For 1-year Mechanic Diesel Engine: Those who have cleared the class 10th exam with Science and Mathematics as main subjects can apply for this trade.
- For 2-year Mechanic Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, Draughtsman Civil and Electronic Mechanic: A pass in class 10th exam is required for admission into these trades.
- For 2-year Mechanic Motor Vehicle, Fitter, Machinist, Turner, Electrician, Instrument Mechanic, Tool & Die Maker, Draughtsman Mechanical, Information & Communication Technology, System Maintenance and Machinist Grinder: Those who have cleared the class 10th exam with Science and Mathematics as main subjects are eligible for admissions.
- For 1-year Computer Operator & Programming Assistant, Stenographer & Secretarial Assistant (English), Stenographer & Secretarial Assistant (Hindi), Sewing Technology, Stenography Punjabi, Basic Cosmetology, Dress Making, Human Resources Executive, Finance Executive, Marketing Executive, Sewing Technology and Surface Ornamentation Techniques (Embroidery): Those applicants who have passed their class 10th exam can apply for admission in these trades.
- The candidate should be of good moral character.
The candidates can obtain and fill the Chandigarh ITI Admission application form 2023 from the official website itichd.net.in. The submission of the form should be done in both online and offline mode.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic details such as name, date of birth, father’s name, mother’s name, category, address, essential qualification marks, Aadhaar number, mobile number, etc.
- After uploading the details, the registration number will be sent to the applicants through SMS on their registered mobile number.
- After providing complete details in the application form, the candidates will have to submit it online.
- Upon online submission, the candidates will have to take a printout of the application form and visit the Government Industrial Training Institute, Sector 28 C, Chandigarh for physical submission of the form.
- The candidates should write the permanent address on the application form and Matriculation Certificate where the PNTC & NTC can be dispatched.
- The candidates must carry all the important documents along with the application form while reporting for submission.
- A hard copy of the application form must also retailed by the candidates in case of future reference.
Applicants should bring along with them the original certificates and their self-attested photocopies (two sets) during form submission. The original documents of the candidates will be verified and the photocopy along with the application form will be submitted.
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID card (optional)
- Qualifying exam mark sheet (8th or 10th, as applicable)
- Date of birth certificate
- Character Certificate from the Institute/ School/ College last attended
- In case of gap, Character certificate from the Municipal Councilor/ Gazetted Officer/ Sarpanch.
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Any other certificate on which the admission weightage is sought
- 2 latest passport size photographs
Counseling & Admission Process
- The admission will strictly will be made on merit basis i.e. on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying exam (8th or 10th, as applicable).
- The details of the counseling will be published on the official website. No separate letters will be sent to the candidates for counseling.
- At the time of counseling, the candidates will be allowed to provide choice for trade and institute.
- The rank and choice of the candidates will be considered while providing them admissions into ITI.
- The candidates will also be required to deposit the fee on the spot at the time of counseling.
- After seat allotment, the candidates will have to report to the allotted ITI and complete the rest formalities of admissions.
- For the seats that are left vacant after the counseling is over, admissions will be granted on first come first serve basis.