Bihar ITI admission 2023 will be conducted by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) for admission in various engineering and non-engineering trades offered by the Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) located in the state. Interested candidates must appear for the ITI CAT entrance exam for admission in the ITIs. The application form for the entrance exam will most probably be released in the 1st week of April 2023.
Candidates should ensure their eligibility status before filling the online form. The exam will be held in offline mode where candidates will be provided a question booklet and an OMR answer sheet to mark the answers. The total duration of the examination is 2 hours 15 minutes. For Bihar ITI admission 2023, candidates will be selected on the basis of the marks secured by them in the ITI CAT exam.
Bihar ITI 2023 Important dates
The tentative dates for ITI CAT/ Bihar ITI admission are as follows-
|Online registration begins||1st week of April 2023|
|Last date to register||Last week of April 2023|
|Last date of payment the application fee||1st week of May 2023|
|Online editing of application form||1st week of May 2023|
|Admit card releasing||2nd week of May 2023|
|Exam date||Last week of May 2023|
|Result declaration||First week of June 2023|
Bihar ITI admission 2023 Application form
Candidates can apply for the entrance test by filling the online application form for admission in ITI. They need to visit the official website of the BCECEB to register themselves for the exam. To register for the exam, they need to provide their basic details such as phone number, email id, etc. After successful registration, candidates can proceed for the application form. They should keep their documents along with the scanned photograph and signature handy.
The details in the application form should be filled very carefully. However, candidates can make changes in their particulars through the correction window. The application form will entail details such as personal information, academic qualification, address, etc. Before making the final submission of the form, applicants should review their applications. They must pay the required application fee for the exam failing which their applications will be rejected by the authority. Candidates need not send the hardcopy of the filled-in application form to the authority.
|Category||Application fee to be paid|
Mode of payment: Candidates can pay the required application fee via online mode i.e. through credit card, debit card, net banking or via NEFT Challan.
The exam pattern of ITI CAT entrance test for admission in Bihar ITI is given below-
- Exam mode: Offline (OMR based)
- Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Medium: Hindi and English only
- Type of questions: Objective (MCQs based)
- Marking scheme: 2 marks will be awarded for correct answer
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|Mathematics||50||100||2 hours 15 minutes|
Bihar ITI Syllabus
Candidates should note that the syllabus of ITI CAT exam will typically be based on the syllabus of class 10th level. Aspirants need to prepare mathematics, science and GK to score better marks in the exam.
Eligibility criteria for Bihar ITI admission 2023
Candidates need to satisfy the eligibility criteria specified by the authority in order to appear in the ITI CAT examination. Here are the necessary conditions that should be met by the candidates-
Nationality: Only Indian nationals can apply for the exam.
Age limit: The age of the candidates must not be less than 14 years old as on 1st August 2023. No upper age limit for those opting mechanic motor vehicle and mechanic tractor courses.
Domicile criteria: Candidates who fulfill the following domicile conditions can apply for the entrance exam for Bihar ITI admission-
- Candidates should have passed class 10th from Bihar board or CBSE board with Mathematics and Science as compulsory subjects. An individual pass mark is also required in each subject.
- Candidates appearing in class 10th or its equivalent exam can also apply for the ITI CAT entrance exam.
- For admission in IT sector trades, candidates must have passed class 10th or its equivalent with Science subjects.
- For admission in Non-engineering trades, candidates should have passed class 10th or its equivalent from a recognized board.
- The admit card for Bihar ITI admission 2023 can only be downloaded from the official website of BCECEB.
- Candidates need to retain a printout copy of their hall ticket and keep it safe till the admission closes.
- They should carefully check the details printed in the admit card and inform the authorities if any discrepancy is found.
- Candidates should compulsorily bring the admit card to the exam venue or else they won’t be permitted to appear for the test.
- The admit card should not be soiled or damaged under any circumstances that can render it invalid.
Result and Counselling
- Candidates can check their result by login into the official website of the BCECEB i.e. bceceboard.bihar.gov.in.
- To select the candidates for admission in different ITI trades, the board will prepare a merit list of the candidates based on their performance in the entrance examination.
- Those who are shortlisted as per the merit list will be invited for the counselling process where they need to indicate their choice of course and ITI.
- The authority will then allocate a seat to the candidates as per their merit rank.
- Candidates then need to report to the concerned allotted ITI to complete the admission related formalities.
Documents to be enclosed with the application form
Here are the documents that the candidates need to attach/upload in the application form for Bihar ITI admission 2023-
- Class 10th mark sheet and admit card.
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Character certificate
- Address proof and domicile certificate
- Other relevant documents such as disability certificate (if valid), certificate of serviceman quota etc.
- Recent passport-sized photograph.