Directorate General of Employment & Training (DGET) has constituted several Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) to impart working skills to the selected the candidates. The skills are offered in different trades such as electronics, mechanic, welding, carpenter, painter, etc. The candidates can choose any trade of their choice given that they meet the eligibility criteria. There are different states offering admissions to the interested and eligible candidates into their ITIs. The candidates can find here the complete details of ITI Admission 2021 process in this post.
ITI Trades and Duration
Some of the popular ITI trades along with the duration are mentioned below:
3-year ITI trade
Tool & Die Maker (Press Tools, Jigs & Fixtures)
2-year ITI trade
Electrician, Electronics Mechanic, Fitter, Turner, Draughtsman (Mechanical), Machinist, Mechanic Agricultural Machinery, Mechanic Motor Cycle, Machinist (Grinder), Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance, Tool and Die Maker, Wireman, Attendant Operator (Chemical Plant), Draughtsman (Civil), Draughtsman (Mechanical), Electrician, Electronic Mechanic, Electroplater, Fitter, etc
1-year ITI trade
Welder, Mechanic Diesel, Mechanic (Tractor), Mechanic Auto Electrical & Electronics, Mechanic Motor Cycle, Pump Operator Cum Mechanic, Sheet Metal Worker, Welder (Fabrication & Fitting), Welder (Structural), Welder (Pipe), Welder (Welding & Inspection), Welder (GMAW & GTAW), Agro Processing, Food Beverage, Fruits and Vegetables Processing, Milk and Milk Products, Dress Making, Sewing Technology, Surface Ornamentation Techniques (Embroidery), Basic Cosmetology, Architectural Assistant, Carpenter, Domestic Painter, etc
Top ITI Trades
Some of the topmost ITI trades preferred by several candidates are:
- Computer Operator and Programming Assistant
- Diesel Mechanic
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Tool and Die Maker
- Painter General
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioner Mechanic
- Network Technician
- Secretarial Practice
The two major ITI certifications are NCVT certificate and SCVT certificate:
- NCVT (National Council of Vocational Training): It is a body at the national level that provided ITI training to the selected students. Those completing their ITI training from NCVT will receive NCVT certification. The certificate issued will be valid at the national level.
- SCVT (State Council of Vocational Training): The SCVT is a part corresponding to the NCVT and the students completing their ITI training from SCVT will receive SCVT certification. The certificate issued will be valid at the state level.
Career after ITI
There are three major career scopes for the candidates after they complete their ITI certification given as:
- Apprenticeship Training Scheme: After completing ITI, the candidates can go for Apprenticeship training in different industries. The apprentices will be given by the organization at their place of work and the trainees may also get stipends on monthly basis.
- Lateral Entry to Polytechnic Diploma Engineering: There are many states that select the ITI trained candidates for admissions into their Polytechnic Diploma Engineering courses. Various examples are JEXPO in West Bengal, JEEP in Uttarakhand, JEECUP in Uttar Pradesh, CG PPT in Chandigarh, etc.
- Entrepreneurship: Those candidates who do not want to undergo higher level training or study can also open their own workshop and become self-employed.
List of Important ITIs
- Andhra Pradesh ITI Admission
- Assam ITI Admission
- Bihar ITI Admission
- Delhi ITI Admission
- Gujarat ITI Admission
- Haryana ITI Admission
- Himachal ITI Admission
- Jharkhand ITI Admission
- Kerala ITI Admission
- Karnataka ITI Admission
- Maharashtra ITI Admission
- Madhya Pradesh ITI Admission
- Manipur ITI Admission
- Punjab ITI Admission
- Rajasthan ITI Admission
- Uttarakhand ITI Admission
- UP ITI Admission
- West Bengal ITI Admission
Eligibility Criteria for ITI Admission 2021
Depending on the trade, the eligibility criteria for admission into ITI may vary. The criteria for certain trades are given as:
|Welder, Sheet Metal Worker, Wireman, Welder (Fabrication & Fitting), Carpenter||8th passed candidates are eligible.|
|Electronics Mechanic, Draughtsman (Civil) Dress Making, Basic Cosmetology||The candidates who have passed their class 10th exam are eligible.|
|Electrician, Fitter, Turner, Draughtsman (Mechanical), Machinist, Mechanic Diesel||The candidates should have passed 10th class exam with Science and Mathematics.|
|Fire Technology and Industrial Safety Management||Those who have passed their class 12th exam are eligible.|
|Data Base System Assistant, Software Testing Assistant||A pass in class 12th with Science and Mathematics is required.|
ITI Admission 2021 Application Form
Different ITIs release their applications in different modes. The candidates must carefully read the brochure of the ITI they wish to apply to, to get detailed information about the application process. If the application process is online, the candidates will have to visit the official website of the respective ITI. There the candidates might get the option to download the application form and fill and submit it. If the application process is offline, the candidates can obtain the form from the institute itself or the centers specified by it (whichever is the case).
The selection of the candidates can be done in two ways depending upon the ITI. Some states might conduct entrance exam to screen the candidates while others can select them on the basis of performance in the qualifying exam (8th, 10th or 12th depending on the trade). The selected candidates will be allowed to provide their choice of trade and institute and will have to get their documents verified before they get final admissions.